The cough has turned into a dry cough with a squeaky note. It woke me up and kept me awake. I felt like I hardly slept last night but as the clock seemed to move on very quickly I wasn’t lying in bed, wide awake, staring at the ceiling. It must have been more like drifting in and out of sleep without bouts of coughing. The cat decided that she didn’t want to be in the same room and curled up on the sofa.


I gave up on sleep and has a shower, I hoped that the hot water and steam would do something positive for the coughing. It seemed to work, I felt a bit better and more ready to face the day. I quick step on the scales showed that I was back to the steady state weight. I’d obviously found the lost weight somewhere during the day yesterday.


Had I remembered to take a bread roll out of the freezer I would have had poached eggs today. I’d forgotten so it was an omelette instead. The more I thought about it the more I kicked myself for not getting the bread out.


My inbox was full of inconsequential rubbish from the last two days of being at home. I braced myself and dived in to find that the project had encountered yet more problems that where impeding progress. At about midday I got a call from a colleague to share some gossip. The project was on the brink of being cancelled. This small snippet of knowledge made dealing with the email so much easier. I started deleting with gay abandon. We won’t know for sure until Monday what is actually going to happen but it seems that I will have an uncertain future. There is a whole world of fun to be had between now and then so there is no point worrying about it.

Accidental beer

I hadn’t intended to go for a beer after work. In fact. My plans extended to going home and falling asleep on the sofa. I went for a beer with a couple of my colleagues instead, at least one knew the rumour and it did feel a bit like a farewell drink. Just one turned into quite a few and without any food the effects were distinctly wobbly


I had time to visit the station loo before my train came. I really shouldn’t have, it was a dire and smelly place that seemed to be festooned with toilet paper. It was not somewhere to linger. I felt my became hands dirtier when I washed them in the dire sink.


I was hungry, what I needed was chips, what I had was nothing like chips. Tinned spicy fish on corn cakes is what I ended up eating. In quantity. I’m sure I liked it at the time but a small part of me knew that there would be consequences for such a large and frankly odd late night meal.


Sleep came quickly and lasted a long time.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s